Is your commodity trading and risk management system adequate for the “new normal?” New regulations in the US and Europe, extreme price volatility, capital constraints and shorter cycle times demand new risk management strategies.
Triple Point recently hosted a webinar with Accenture’s commodity trading and risk management expert, Alex Chandy, on the latest trading and risk management best practices. Triple Point’s own risk expert, Greg Leck, also discussed how Triple Point’s leading CTRM solution delivers up-to-the-minute risk intelligence to manage portfolio risk exposure, set limits, and control risk.
The webinar highlighted valuable tips on how to deal with today’s market chaos and uncertain regulatory environment. Key takeaways included:
1. How to optimize risk and create opportunity in the face of
high frequency trading
2. Tips on how to avoid losses and identify hidden risk with
broader scenario analysis
3. A clear understanding of the Commodity Super Cycle and
what it means to your business
4. Why it is NOT and Excel world anymore
The Commodity Management Blog has been closely following the top Commodity Management issues throughout the year. Not surprisingly, posts discussing Dodd-Frank top the list. Below is a complete list of the 10 most popular posts over the past 12 months based on views and shares. We thank you for following us and hope these posts have provided valuable tips on how to manage commodities smarter.
2. The Treasury Function and Commodity Risk
3. Life in a Dodd-Frank World
4. 4 Out of Top 6 Commodity Traders Use Triple Point
5. Can There be Good News in Men’s Underwear?
6. Triple Point’s Partnership with SAP
7. CTRM Checklist for Agriculture Companies
8. 5 New Rules for Credit Risk Management
9. Surviving Global Economic Uncertainty
10. Purchasing: The Impact of Risk and Volatile Raw Material Prices
We have some really great things in store for 2012, so here’s to a year of fresh ideas for Commodity Management!