Commodity XL - European Power Trading Software
Can I configure my system to align for German market vs. French or UK market?
Does my system electronically confirm trades in accordance with EFET standards and help mitigate operational risk?
Do I receive automated alerts from my power portfolio when I need to buy/sell emissions credits?
- Commodity XL for European Power 7.0™ delivers unparalleled functionality, localized for the UK and Continental European power markets…"
- Automate 'root-cause' identification of changes to P&L
- Model asset flexibility as "real options"
- Manage position, exposure, and balancing in real time
- Match retail load delivery obligations with generation availability
- Perform sensitivity analysis, stress tests, and extreme value scenarios
- Eliminate silos of information
- Integrate trading, scheduling, back office
- Gain user-configurable interfaces to market and internal data feeds
- Work simultaneously with varying market data granularities
- Communicate electronically with Transmission System Operators (TSOs)
Compliance & Control
- Execute comprehensive risk mgt. models — price, outage, credit, volumetric, demand, embedded optionality
- Meet IAS 39/IFRS 7 Hedge Accounting/Disclosure standards and UK GAAP
- Manage counterparty credit risk
- Automate deal confirmation and settlement on EFET electronic confirmation management (eCM) and electronic settlement management (eSM) Standards
- Assess risk positions continually
Commodity XL for European Power - Key Functionality:
- Alignment of trading, balancing, scheduling, and settlement processes for each country/market rules combination
- Power trading for Continental European markets with pricing and positions reported in all the main market data granularities
- Power balancing for Continental European markets at hourly and 15-minute levels, with hourly trade decomposition into 15-minute intervals
- UK power balancing, contract notifications, and scheduling — enhanced position management and logistics for NETA/BETTA support
- Calculation of imbalance settlement (forecast and actual) for UK NETA/BETTA and Continental European Balancing Circles
- Advanced conversion models of fuel usage and emissions output from generation — calculate emissions liabilities under fossil-fuel burn
- Calculate emissions credits due from "green" generation
Commodity XL for European Power 7.0 provides expanded and integrated functionality across deal capture, pricing, position management, scheduling/nomination, transmission, confirmation matching, and settlement for UK and Continental European power markets. Triple Point's seamless integration between Commodity XL® and its solution for electronic confirmation management, further facilitates straight-through processing and eliminates integration cost and risk to the customer, all while complying with EFET standards. The European Power solution is built on Triple Point's next-generation technology platform and leverages Commodity XL's base functionality for front, middle, and back office, while augmenting it with localized functionality for the UK and Continental European power markets.
How to get started
- To learn more about Commodity XL for European Power 7.0 and what it can do for your supply, marketing, trading and scheduling activities, download a brochure
, request more information
or call +1.203.291.7979.